Friday, September 15, 2006

The Intersection of Hobbit & Hobbit

Photo: Hobbit Home Under Constrution -- Bend, OR

Yes that's right, if you want to live the hobbit life in a hobbit house, all you have to do is move to Bend, OR and live in the shire. One reader on Neil Gaiman's site asks: "Is the twee and nightmarish horribleness of this cancelled out by the fact it might actually be a prettier place to live than most new American housing developments?"

I'd really like for my readers to way in on this very important issue. I'm torn. If the question were, "Is Aragorn the manliest of men?", the answer would undoubtedly be yes (but Viggo Mortenson has failed to live up to that level of man-ness in every other film I've seen him in).

http://www.bendshire.com/

4 comments:

karin said...

I think it is cute but not as a home I would live in. I am a very practical person and that house is not practical. How tall are the homeowners? Are they going to have back and leg problems from living in this home? Who else is going to want to buy it and live in it? Matt would probably want it only because he loves hobbits (He probably would try to have someone else pay for it).

Ann said...

That's not real, right?? It must just be some kind of promotion for the nieghborhood it's in?

Unknown said...

Aragorn IS very manly. But for once in my life, I preferred Elves. Particularly Mr. Orlando Bloom. Sweet, sweet hotness.

Anonymous said...

Ann - It is real! I looked through the whole website because I couldn't believe it myself.

Karen - I think you have found Matt's whole life plan for him. College, mission, marriage, kids, hobbit house...

Em - Orlando was a little too pretty for me in that movie. Aragorn all the way baby!