Saturday, December 23, 2006

Orphan Christmas: Vote Now!

Photo: Christmas from Scott's Perspective

Orphan Christmas was more fun that I ever imagined. To qualify as an orphan for this party, our parents couldn't be close by, and neither could the rest of our families. On the menu was tamales, enchiladas, salad, cookies (as seen in previous posts), chocolate toffee, Izze's, corn chips, and pork pies to go. We had a stocking exchange, opened presents, cracked piñatas, had a nativity contest (for which you are judges), and drank Mexican hot chocolate -- I know that hurts Anita just a little. All of the pictures are posted here, so take a look -- Christmas Photos.

Although official judges have already been selected, we want you to be a judge as well. You can post your vote by selecting 'other' or 'anonymous' in the comments section at the end of this post if you do not already have a blogger or gmail ID. We will not reveal the identity of the team members until voting is complete. The deadline to vote is December 31st at noon.

~

TEAM A

TEAM B
~

Photo: Anne opening her gift card extravaganza

The whole night was so fun, and I really hope that other people post their favorite memories. Rather than tell you mine, I'll just let you have a good laugh yourselves. Jakey and the little girls made us a book and I am going to put it here for you. Sorry, no pics (although they are great). I'm too tired to scan them all. It's been a wicked long day. Enjoy!

...

"If I Weren't Poor"
by Jake, April, Emily, & Anita

"If I weren't poor... I would get Karen a Michael Jackson Power wheels."

"If I weren't poor... I'd buy you a hot dog farm."

"If I weren't poor... I'd buy a motorcycle with a side car so Ali and Bean could travel the whole United States."

"If I weren't poor... I would get Scott a plasma TV [Dr. Phil is playing]."

"If I weren't so poor... I would get Dave a prize heifer."

"If I weren't poor... I would get you (Ali) a wheat-free carrot."

"If I wasn't poor... I'd make each of you stained glass wind chimes for your homes, just like the ones Grandma use to make, except for Scott who gets a rocket pack for quick escapes [Scott's rocket pack takes him to the moon to be alone]."

"If I weren't so poor... I would give Alice peace on Earth."

"If I weren't so poor... I would steal Ali's united world to give Scott global domination."

"If I weren't so poor... I would get Karen bangs for her hair (it hides the Yeagley forehead)."

"If I weren't so poor... I'd buy [Karen] a swimming pool filled with Chipotle sauce and a life jacket made from burritos."

"If I weren't poor... I'd give Dave another puppy."

"If I wasn't poor... I'd make Ali and Scott's attic into a miniature golf course."

"If I weren't so poor... I'd buy your cat [Bean] a giant hamster ball so he could go explore the world... safely."

"If I weren't poor... I'd buy off thousands of people who would pretend to love Linux just like Dave (Dave says, "Gee wizzz! I love Linux")."

"If I wasn't poor... I would hire Karen to be the host of the Price is Right (she's way better than Bob Barker)."

"If I weren't so poor... I'd buy you a Christmas tree made out of vanilla ice cream and pies."

fin

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Hot Dog Farm is for Dave.

Anonymous said...

We knew that. What's your vote?

Anonymous said...

Nancy votes for team B

Anonymous said...

i would prefer to combine figyres from each to combine an uber model but sense i'm being forced to choose i cast my vote for group A.

aaroneous away!

Anonymous said...

Hi threre this is Mary. I love both of the Nativities. Hats off to the naked Joseph and the Mary with boobs. The black Jesus is as I have always believed it to be and the angel in B says it all. So, now I must dedcide.......I vote for B.

Ann said...

While I love the Baby Jesus with an afro in Team B's scene, I'm more partial to the whole of Team A's.

And Drew is, too. He just came up and wants to cast a vote for A too.

Anonymous said...

There are good things about both teams nativities. Team A's looks the most attractive, but team B's is the funniest (I particularly enjoyed black baby Jesus and Mary's look of confusion? Dismay? Horror? and assumed love.) While I am certain that all involved parties poured their hearts and souls into their nativities, I believe my vote goes to....... (drum roll.......) I'm still thinking...... stop poking me!!!!!! Shhhhhh.......Hold on.... if you don't leave me alone neither one of you will win. SHUT UP! Alright, alright. If you will just sit quietly for 2 minutes, I'll tell you.... "Team A wins!!!" Congratulations Team A.


Your's truly,
Judge Emily Joe Mathis

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm Liz's friend Sarah. I vote for "B".

Unknown said...

Best Christmas ever.

karin said...

I vote for Team A. The angle of the photo is better too.

Anonymous said...

aunt jane votes for team b

Anonymous said...

we have 2 more votes for team b here in ohio

Anonymous said...

The Japanese judges have cast their vote for ...team A. We liked Mary's substantial rack, and we also appreciated the casting of Joseph as a flasher. It was a tough choice. We spent much time deliberating, as we also appreciated the expression of shock in Mary and the black Jesus.

Mike and Shizuka

Anonymous said...

Current tally: [a]==6, [b]==6

all tied up...

Anonymous said...

Cy votes for team A because he finds the post pregnancy bosom to be more accurate. I vote for team B because I agree that baby Jesus should have an afro.

Anonymous said...

Judge Derek hereby states that he likes Nativity A. And I quote, "I like the horse. I like the small world. I liked Buzz (as in the Buzz from Toy Story). Now I'm going to bed." Any reproduction of this statement will result in violation of the copyright law. As such, we here at Derek & Derek will be required by law to tie the culprit(s) to his/her bed and smear toothpaste all over his/her body while he/she is sleeping. Thank you and good night.

Derek & Derek Inc.
Copyright 2006
4890 Miguilicutti Dr.
New York, NY. 75481

Yours Truly,

Derek T.

chunkymonkey said...

I like the candles in the fireplace. That is just lovely, cosy, and they can't get knocked over by any wandering babies or kitties.

chunkymonkey said...

Team A. A blue wiseman is just too politically correct, although I like the fro. What are they made of?

What are Izze's?

Karen B said...

I put up the pictures of our old house.

Anonymous said...

Team A (and I'm glad to see the pickle tradition lives on)

Anonymous said...

April votes for team B

Anonymous said...

Keri votes for Team B, but mostly because there aren't enough udder's in Team A's. Go Black Jesus!