Thursday, January 31, 2008

Just Like the Movies

Little Annalee Peyton had a birth just like the movies. A series of phone calls started before sunrise when her mother, Emily's, contractions were 4-5 minutes apart, and yet none of us could get hold of our mother who was at that moment, getting on a plane to go to AZ. I had to page her at the airport. And of all days to get sick, Annalee's daddy, Devin, got a wicked stomach bug and was somewhat out of commission. Miss Annalee was lucky enough to be born at home, so when our mom's plane landed, she jumped into a cab to rush to the house with minutes to spare for Annalee to be delivered around 2:30 this afternoon.

After Annalee's mother worked harder and sweatier than any Jane Fonda video workout, Annalee Peyton continued her drama and scared everyone by not breathing on her own. The midwives did get her breathing and had our mom call 911, so Annalee and her momma took a speedy ride to the hospital. Our mom drove Annalee's daddy to the hospital since he was still too sick to drive. Everyone is doing well now and staying overnight at the hospital as a precaution.

Congratulations to Annalee for her hugely dramatic entrance to the world. I couldn't be more proud of her for her drama, she definitely incited panic in her aunties all over the country. Annalee weighed 7 lbs. 13 oz. and is 19 inches long. She has light brownish-reddish hair and I am told she looks a lot like her big brother Derek. As soon as pictures become available, I'll post them.

8 comments:

Karen B said...

See, now that was way better than anything I would have posted.

Anonymous said...

Well I cheated. I worked on it all day while I was trying to distract myself from clock watching.

Also, do you realize that this means that Emily had the Big Orange Baby, and not you. Burn, Leah! Outdone in drama and big orange-ness.

Ann said...

Oooo! How exciting! I mean "exciting" in the scariest way possible.

karin said...

WOW! Emily is brave to do that at home. I am a drug woman, so hospitals are the place for me.

But glad to hear that there is actually a Big Orange Baby now and the drama to match the hair (really I think that is a myth- red heads don't need drama).

Anonymous said...

Congradulations Emily. Leave it to the Yeagley with out red hair to have the red head baby. I want pictures soon. --Debbie E.

Unknown said...

Welcome, Annalee! We all know you don't come from the side of the family that can claim "Drama-Free Since '93!"
ps, I think Leah is growing into her name. She's 9.5 and getting oranger all the time.

Anonymous said...

Hi All,

Thanks for the congrats. Annalee is doing very well and we're both happy to be home from the hospital. Karen, Annalee is all about thunder stealing.

Anonymous said...

Ali,

I loved reading your blog about Annalee's birth. April and I both laughed a lot. I'm totally tougher and better looking than Jane Fonda.