Sunday, June 08, 2008

"Hey Old Timer"

Yes, that is how I will be getting my husband's attention from now on. My BIL, Dave, usually takes the brunt of the depression era teasing, but he isn't alone anymore. I give you two quotes from this afternoon, from my depression era hubby...

"Don't they know this is Sunday? Sundays are for Sunday driving." (In response to a tailgater on our leisurely drive to a lake next to our local nuclear power plant -- insert Homer jokes here.)

"I really like two fresh limes in my tonic." (Made even funnier by the fact that his lips were day glow orange from the Italian ice he had eaten earlier.)

And for those of you who now think my husband is a white driving glove wearing, afternoon lush, please note that "tonic" is the old-timey New England word for soda pop, and in the really old days it was referring to Moxie. His tonic was actually a diet coke and lime on the rocks. Perhaps he should have been wearing white driving gloves.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's funny. I like the picture you got of Scott playing chess there, too.