Saturday, October 11, 2008

Shot in the Arm

For over a year and a half I have worked with people with disabilities off and on, depending on how healthy I've been. Last night I got to work with them again for an evening. Man were they just the shot in the arm of sunshine that I needed. I love these guys and I miss em' when I don't see them for a long time. If ever you want to forget about your own woes, I highly recommend volunteering, or working with, people in your community. It does wonders. Even getting stuck in two hours of traffic trying to get there was worth it.

3 comments:

Ann said...

I could not agree more. I helped the special ed class at the kids' school during picture day and I was smiling for hours afterward. Sweet, sweet kids.

Unknown said...

Awesome. Where did you go?!

Anonymous said...

Think Robin Sparkles... Let's Go To The Mall!