Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Green with Tree Envy

My sister says she has it of my trees. I had tree envy of one of my many other mothers. She had three trees when I was growing up. And after I went to the Biltmore and saw their many, many giant and themed trees I had the envy even more. So this year, I did it. I finally made the move into two trees. I have been wanting to do it for along time. This year was my year.

As a rule, I only collect two things, children's literature and Christmas ornaments. So when I hit the mother load of ornaments at the Biltmore last week, I loaded up. It has made both my trees dreamy and fun. My second tree is white, silver, and teal/blue and my original tree is all the stuff I grew up with and added year-by-year. I will eventually move into a third tree down the line, but for now I am plenty happy with two trees.

11 comments:

kanewoman said...

Oh Ali, now it is one of your other mothers turn to have tree envy! Since we are making our way to Utah to celebrate Christmas - we have ZERO trees this year! It's no fun, and I am thinking a token tree must be put in the front bay window with at least a few strings of lights, even if only for a few days.
Congrats on making the move to two trees! The more the merrier!

Anonymous said...

Sadly, my mom quit trees a few years ago, but I think I've more than made up for it.

Unknown said...

it took me the whole post to realize you meant Christmas trees. I don't sleep much.

Unknown said...

where's the pics of them?

Elizabeth said...

is this a not so subtle hint of what to get you for x-mas....ha ha ha. just kidding. your trees rock.

Anonymous said...

Pictures, please!

I made the jump to two trees when Steve insisted on a tree with lots of crazy ornaments and tinsel garland and I just wanted something Martha Stewart. It has worked out pretty well for me. (Check my facebook and see!)

Anonymous said...

In my defense, there are no pictures because the lighting the last few days has been really, really bad.

karin said...

Okay, now that I have read everyone's comments I feel stupid for leaving mine but I will say too. I want photos!

Unknown said...

Such a tease Ali! ;) Can't wait to see them also!

chunkymonkey said...

We have two this year, too! My old little lodge pole tree has the silver and blues and teals (featuring snow flakes, stars and snowmen) and our new one is red and gold and not much on it except garland and fat ribbon so far... I love Christmas decos and want it to look like Christmas just threw up all over the house!

And I still fondly remember those little green army men on our apartment tree and fitting the tree in the back of my little honda. Fun times!

Anonymous said...

I still have the green army men.