Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Ghetto Gymnastics


(Left to Right: April, Karen, Cy, Derek, Jakey, Sue, Anita, Cousin Sarah, Emily, Ray, Ali)

Never let it be said that I don't love my homies from grade school. I have signed up for this blog just to be able to see and talk to my beloved Stewarts from 1980! Yes, that's right. Since August 24th, 1980 I have loved the Stewarts.

Why you ask? Ghetto gymnastics! It was Elizabeth, my red-headed counterpart who was at least a foot taller than me even then, that taught me how to scale the giant white food storage buckets, jump to the bed, to the exercise trampoline, and on to the floor. None of us broke bones or got in trouble. Do miracles never cease?

Now we are grown up and we do things like get graduate degrees, go to boring jobs, buy green and brown things at Whole Foods we would never eat at five, and we don't jump as much. I think that maybe its time we started a ghetto Gymnastics movement again. What do you say ladies?

No comments: