Monday, July 03, 2006

My Mr. Fix-it

Photo: Old and New Lights

Yay Scott! In the early days of our marriage I did all the DIY projects around the house and all the tools were mine. Since we bought our own house Scott has become quite the "Do-It-Yourself" guy. His motivation to squeeze the old wallet to do this project himself kept me out of the blistering heat today. : )

We decided to change out the old lights because they were ugly, rusty, and disgusting. After much, and I do mean much, debate we settled on some lights at the good old Home Depot -- or as Dave likes to call it "Builder's Square".

Fortunately for me, Scott relented the purse strings when he decided against fixing the leaky washing machine himself. It was painful for him to do so, and the decision took nearly a week, but he'll be letting another fix-it person come this Thursday. I am relieved, in part because I have little faith in either of our ability to fix a washing machine, but I also had visions of the machine falling on his head, leaving his feet sprawled like the wicked witch of the East. I love my Mr. Fix-it the way he is.

Needless to say, the lengthy decision process led to a laundry excursion
yesterday by way of Phil's house. While there, Jack Jack inadvertently gave me a shiner when he bonked me in the head (he also got into my blueberries, plums, and Hershey's Kisses-- ooh that naughty doggie). Very unpleasant indeed. At least we have new lights. Pretty!

Photo: New Front Lights

Photo: New Side Entrance Light

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a vast improvement. Now you just need to do your kitchen lights and you will sail clear out of the 90's.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I dream of the day when I can replace all of the cheap and ugly lighting in my house!

karin said...

I wish we could be DIY people, but when renting there is no reason to. I like the lights, good choice.

Unknown said...

Wonderful! Even though we rent, the landlords provide the materials and $8/hr labor if we want to fix anything up. Since AJ is an electrician, he's done a few, but it's more fun for him to watch me try.

Nice choice on the fixtures!