Thursday, August 31, 2006

Mmmm.... Bagels!

This past weekend, Phil, Dave's cousin Liz, and I went to VA to help my grandmother sort the things in her basement because she moved. While we were there, Grandma wound up changing my eating life by accident. It turns out, there is an excellent natural foods store near her house that had really good gluten-free bread and BAGELS!

I ate a bagel for the first time in four years last Sunday morning at her house. I nearly cried because bagels were one of my main staples before my allergy diagnosis and I have missed them sooooooo much. I bought two bags just in case they were gross, and they weren't. I ate my last one this morning, so I went online to the company direct and ordered ten more bags for my freezer. I love bagels!

I am posting the site for allergy people so they can buy foods they miss too. The brand is Kinnikinnick out of Canada and their website is a little funky, but who cares because they have BAGELS! https://secure.kinnikinnick.com/index.cfm

PS - Also, in case I forgot to tell anyone, Scottposted about our Asheville vacation with some pictures, so I never did. If you wanted to read about Asheville, go to his blog and scroll down. These days, Scott has been a much better blogger than me.

3 comments:

Karen B said...

You don't need no stinkin' Whole Foods and their overpricing and Izze.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! (Oh wait, I do need the Izze).

Anonymous said...

The bagels arrived safe and sound.