Thursday, September 28, 2006

Murphy Is A Fairy Princess!

Photo: Fairy Princess Murphy
Location: Cary, NC

Our Gilmore Girls premiere celebration was spectacular! We played truth or dare, ate many pieces of delicious candy, and dressed up for the occasion. It was a girl's only party, so the boy dogs were locked out on the porch. The party was attended by myself, Phil, Liz, Murphy, Sophie (Liz's dog), and Paul (Phil's cat). Murphy was the most beautiful and was a fairy princess for the event.

Photo: Murphy as Miss Patty
Location: Cary, NC

Murphy took the opportunity to do her impression of Miss Patty as well. Murphy also did many of the dares in our game of truth or dare. Mainly it was because we didn't want to, and since Murphy and I are BFF's, she'll do anything I say. Or maybe it was because I let her eat potato chips and Bit O' Honey's.

Photo: Queen Ali and onlooker Sophie
Location: Cary, NC

As it turns out, I might be able to start adding potato back into my diet, so I took the Gilmore night to give it a try. I started with Cape Cod potato chips and I am still not sick (knock on wood)!


Photo: Diner Loot
Location: Cary, NC

What Gilmore night would be complete without burgers and fries? From what I understand, Liz and Phil went to McDonald's after I left and the order was messed up. Upon returning to said restaurant to have the mistake corrected, the restauranteur's were so thrilled that they were not sworn at, that they corrected the mistake and then added many more items to the order for free. Hence the burger/fry pyramid.

6 comments:

karin said...

I wish I had a Gilmore Girls celebration, I forgot that it was even on. I am sooo jealous.

Anonymous said...

But you and Beebe live so close. You could have had a party. Perhaps you can have a finale party. This is supposed to be the last season.

Karen B said...

Murphy was by far the star of the party. She is still bragging about it. She also thinks she is too good for her regular dog food now.

Anonymous said...

I'm too good for her regular dog food. Blachhh!

Unknown said...

I missed the premier as well. But I'm one season behind. Say, do any of my new friends religiously buy the boxed seasons?

I'll be going over to the Roommates shortly to catch their tivoed first episode of last season.

And I've ALWAYS been too good for regular dog food. Sorry Murph. I'm a snob.

Anonymous said...

We don't have season six on DVD yet, but April always gets it from Phil for birthdays and Christmas and we watch it first. Phil is also on netflix. All I can tell you is that the writing got really screwy last season and all the fans were mad. The new writers are correcting the messes in the first six episodes this year.