Saturday, October 21, 2006

Brasilian. Mmmmm....

Last night Hubby took me to my favorite Brasilian steakhouse to celebrate my graduation. As it turns out, my real diploma arrived the same day that I received my fake diploma. I stuffed myself to the gills with bits of filet mignon, chicken wrapped in bacon, pineapple, etc....

If you've never participated in Brasilian BBQ, I highly recommend it (unless you are vegetarian). They give you a card with one side red, and the other green. If your green side is showing, very nice looking young men show up at your table with giant skewers of various seasoned meats about every 3-5 minutes. The salad bar at this particular restaurant is the best I have seen anywhere, ever, including other Brasilian places. It's expensive, but for special occasions, it's worth every penny. Thanks Hubby!



After dinner we went to see Marie Antoinette. It was a fun movie in that you get to enjoy French indulgence on screen in the form of pastries, clothing, and many other luxuries. But I warn you, if you get in anyway motion sick, wait to see it on DVD. Sophia Coppola decided to take the shaky cam approach for the entire movie, which on the small screen is fine, but large screen will make you want to hurl. I give it one-thumb up.

After the movie was over,
I teasingly asked Scott if his ancestors were in the people's revelution, but he had no idea. We'll have to wait to hear back from his Pepere (grandfather for you non-French folk).

...

Today, we are off to
Ken's Korny Corn Maze for a bit of autumn fun. Scott or I will post pictures later. I am ready to ride the Cool Bus.

5 comments:

karin said...

I am glad you enjoyed Marie Antonite, I really want to see it but if I'm going to see a movie I hate to waste it on a bad one.
I love Brazillian BBQ, Tocanos?

Anonymous said...

I also enjoy Brazilian bbq, specifically Rodizio's. I don't think I would enjoy Marie Antonite. At all. It looks to teenagery to me. It also lead me to believe there would be more interesting history as far as prespectives go but not so much giggling and pastries.

Anonymous said...

I definitely think Marie Antoinette will be an excellent rental. It does appeal to your girliest of senses, but in a way that is fun to indulge once in awhile. It is a bit teenagery, but not at all like other typical Kirsten Dunst movies.

Scott Carrier said...

I was happy to take you out to the Brazilian steakhouse... even though it probably did shave a year or two off my life span.

I'm very proud of you for completing your degree. Now hurry up with your next one so you can start bringing home the bacon ;-).

Oh, regarding Marie Antoinette - your money is better spent elsewhere. That movie went nowhere.

Ann said...

I think I'll wait to rent that one. But speaking of movies, we saw one last weekend that was fabulous: The Illusionist. It's not the Christian Bale magician movie, it's the other one about magic that isn't advertised so much. Both Pie and I liked it, which never, ever happens. It has a love story (with one nakey scene, so beware) and it makes you think and try and figure things out. If you're going to spend $10 on a ticket at the movies, see that one.