Friday, December 15, 2006

I Am Not The Boss of Liz and Phil

Photo: Phil and Liz's Christmas Piñatas

We're having orphan Christmas next Friday. When I emailed everyone about the party, I said no piñatas simply because I didn't want my dining room windows smashed in. Additionally, it was impractical to hit a piñata outside in the dark since we would never be able be see all the candy in the grass and I don't want to feed the deer and raccoons. Phil and Liz took it to mean I was bossy and set out to make mini-piñatas to teach me a lesson. They filled them with candy and decorated them like ornaments. Em, AJ, and I each painted one too. Should be a fun night. Photos and stories to come. There will be a contest for you all to judge later, and there will be prizes based on your judgments. Get ready!

8 comments:

karin said...

I am patiently waiting to see those photos (especially since Em does NOT believe in posting photos these days). Thank you for posting.

Anonymous said...

Really? She's been pretty good the last couple of weeks. Check again. There are really great pictures of her birthday party posted. But you're welcome for posting. Stand by to be a judge this coming weekend. =)

Unknown said...

thank you Ali, I have been improving on the picture front. And the pinatas are pretty fantastic. Karin, I have selected you to be the judge of my choice.

Ann said...

Umm, did I see a pinata that looks like Jesus' head? I know that's Christmasey, but who is going to hit that one??

Really, you guys are so fun. Who else would make mini pinatas for "Orphan Christmas"? (I don't even know what that is, but sounds fun)

Karen B said...

You should send that picture into a craft magazine. Then if they come to my house to see the process they can be horrified.

Anonymous said...

Yes, wet dripping pinatas on your hardwoods was horrifying.

chunkymonkey said...

Did you actually Bash In the cute mini pinatas?

Anonymous said...

We did bash them and we had to pop the balloons with scissors to get the candy out. Our trash people came today, I'm sure they were amused if they saw any of the pinatas before they were crunched up in the truck.