Thursday, January 18, 2007

Fake Winter

Photo: Back Deck 1/4 inch of snow

You see, we don't just have fake-Thanksgiving, we also have fake-winter here in North Carolina. I love it! We get almost no snow every year (last year none at all) and everything gets shut down.

Photo: Back Yard Picnic Table 1/8 inch of snow

Living in the South means that a light dusting gets everything canceled, and the news manages to report over 600 accidents in the state every time we have winterish weather.

Photo: Front Steps 1/16 inch of snow

The beauty of not having real winter in New England anymore, is that I get to have a nice hot cocoa day in bed with my school book for just this little smidgeon of snow.

Photo: Cars 1/4 inch of snow

I don't even need a broom to clean my car off. It'll be melted by noon. I hope that Liz, Emily, and AJ enjoy their first fake-Winter. I heart fake-winter!

11 comments:

Karen B said...

I ♥ fake winter too. But I wonder...wasn't NCCU only on a 2 hour delay? Are you skipping school young lady?

Anonymous said...

I don't have class until 4:30.

Unknown said...

I didn't see anything on the news about Quintiles, but I reasoned the MUST be shut down with weather like this! (I'm blogging in long-johns right now)

Anonymous said...

Are you working from home Em? Scott is. He is a bee in my bonnet every time he works from home. He's a bee in Bean's bonnet too.

Elizabeth said...

i risked life and limb to have lunch @ akashi. i know that i'm crazy, but there is nothing like miso soup and yaki soba when there is a blizzard on.

karin said...

We had fake-winter last Friday but I didn't take any pictures of it though, now I wish that I had.

Ann said...

Fake-winter sounds just about perfect. All the loveliness of snow and very little of the annoyances!

Anonymous said...

Even up in NH where we have 'real' winter, we've only had fake winter so far. A whopping half inch last night! Whoo! Amy

chunkymonkey said...

Why is it that a little snow in the south shuts down everything? Even the freeway to get to a sister's house? Hmmm???

chunkymonkey said...

Also, I love the snowflake mark over photos!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the compliment Beebe. It was an easy PhotoShop thing that you could learn to do to.