Friday, March 23, 2007

We're Fancy Now

Photo: New fancy couch
Location: My living room


We're as fancy as Phil and Dave now. After having a really lovely lunch last week with my realtor/friend, Darlene, she let me in on the deal of the century. One of her clients was selling their really nice high-end furniture for nearly nothing because they moved across the country. It took me all of three minutes to convince Scott to jump on this deal (and if you know Scott well, that's huge -- he's proud of his cheapness and he is notoriously indecisive). I also picked up some very inexpensive end tables and lamps for Scott. He is very happy that our living room finally looks homey.

In the mean time, the cat seems disgusted with the whole thing and Scott couldn't be happier. Our living room is no longer an embarrassment. He is happily watching March Madness in his new "man chair".

Photo: New fancy couch
Location: My living room


Luckily, Phil is still speaking to me because not only did she have to help us move the giant new furniture with her van and her muscles, I also gave Cousin Liz our old beat-up apartment/pet couch. And the only place it would fit is in her living room. I made her living room look like a college dorm common room. Dave and the dogs love it and it's all my fault. This is very similar to the time I accidentally inflicted the world's worst roommate on Beebe. Both Beebe and Phil have forgiven me and I appreciate it immensely. I'll gladly take suggestions on how to make this up to Phil.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, they are SO beautiful! I am excited for the Carriers. Who cares about Bean? But I sure feel sorry for Karen and her frat house. If Dave wants to buy a keg, she should draw the line. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

The only silver lining is that in theory it will keep all the dogs off the good couches and put them on the pet couch with Liz.

Anonymous said...

VERY sharp! Good deal for you!!! Amy

Anonymous said...

On a March Madness note, UNC came from behind to beat USC. New furniture, Chipotle for dinner, UNC winning... life is good!

karin said...

Love the furniture, very Gilmore-ish. I haven't watched this week and I don't know why I think of the Gilmores when I am on your blog but I do. And what is this worst roommate story? (Beebe's in Nor Cal and doesn't need to talk to me anymore and plus I think you would be more accurate than her anyways- I really hope she reads this comment).

Elizabeth said...

what happened to the shower being posted by 12:00 teeter girl?

karin said...

Where are the shower photos? It is well after the midnight deadline, I will check back in a little while and I don't want to be disappointed.

Okay, I can wait a few days but don't want to. I'd like to see them now, I guess I could prepare my lesson and get stuff ready for church. I guess I should thank you for helping me procrastinate less.

Anonymous said...

I did say midnight Sunday, not Saturday because I knew it would take me a little while. The photos are all posted, I just have to write up the blog.

chunkymonkey said...

Karin, I am quite accurate. I just have a new cellphone plan that will have to change, or you can change to Verizon too, but I think I know how we both feel about Verizon.

Ali, the couch/chairs/tables/lamps are wonderful. I LOVE leather sofas. They not only look nice, but are surprizingly durable and easy to clean up. Chipotle spills will not ever be a problem!