Sunday, March 25, 2007

Baby Boy Righter

Photo: Emily
Location: Onesie Decorating Station

Click here to see the Official Shower Photos!

After many months of waiting, Baby Boy Righter's baby shower happened yesterday afternoon. For family and friends celebrating from a distance, here is the play-by-play so that hopefully you don't feel like you missed too much.

The theme of the party was "Gilmore Girls". Emily, most of her sisters, and we, on the East coast, watch the show obsessively on Tuesday nights. Emily and AJ usually come to our house to watch with us.

Many of the ideas we had came from episodes in the show, mostly of parties they have thrown over the last seven seasons. We also added some piratey themes here and there because Emily is obsessed with pirates. Her Aunt Laura threw her a pirate themed bridal shower and I hear it was the best ever.

After Emily arrived, we all put on t-shirts, tiaras, and feather boas (like Lane's bachelorette party). We made fancy food worthy of Sookie St. James and Emily Gilmore. Dessert sushi was the biggest hit I think.

We decorated onesies, and in fact Emily's family and high school friend, Heather, decorated onesies and mailed them to us for the party. Emily loved them. I hope she will post about them on her blog.

We also created a special drink, called "The Fetey". If any of you have been following Emily's blog, you know that she has been referring to her unborn child as Fetey for many months now. The drink was based on "The Rory" from the show as well.

Photo: AJ
Location: On the couch with All the presents

After lots of fun, they opened presents. We graded the trivia and Emily, Karin, and Katie all won. Emily has a set of four Luke's Diner mugs, and Karin and Katie will be receiving official shower t-shirts which say, "I celebrated the birth of the Dred Rico Righter... And I went home without my wallet". The "Dred Rico Righter" is Fetey's pirate alias. We have also been trying to get Emily to name him Dabnis, from the Cosby Show. She's not biting.

Photo: "If They Mated"

Last but not least, Phil downloaded software that morphed Emily and AJ's faces together to create an "If They Mated" poster. Inspired from the show, the results were quite hilarious, if not a tiny bit disturbing. Emily tells she'll use this as a threat if her child is acting up. I hope she frames it, but she probably won't.

I hope you enjoyed the baby shower from afar. Hopefully Emily will post her own thoughts and feelings about the day after she gets a solid nap this afternoon. She really seemed to enjoy herself, as did AJ. Although, they usually do.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Ali!!

Are there more photos you are hiding from us? I would love to se some of the fun gifts she got.

Also- LOVING the pirate name!

Anonymous said...

Try it now Heather. The link at the top should do it. They're on the Flickr account.

karin said...

I talked to Em before I had a chance to check the blog, she was raving and talked for about 30 minutes about how much it was and all the great stuff (she even read the onesy that Phil made). Thanks again and the photos are wonderful.

Ann said...

Thanks for letting us be a part of the fun, Ali. And I love the "Settlers" onsies! Whose were those??

Anonymous said...

Thanks Karin. Email me your mailing address. Ann, Phil and Liz made the Settlers onesie together. Ask Em to read it to you, it's pretty great.

chunkymonkey said...

So, my favorite is the If They Mated Poster. The bling on the teeth is great! And I don't know who Shelia looks like. Maybe if I saw her up close?

Unknown said...

Ooh, I know, isn't the If they mated poster a train wreck? I love it! I study it with fear, because those are all from actual photos of AJ & me over the last few months.