Friday, April 13, 2007

Notes From The Underbelly

Geez, I'm posting so regularly these days, I might give the false impression that I'm an excellent blogger. Don't be fooled. It's the end of the semester and insomnia is fueling this post. The main reason for this post though, is that I wanted to review the premier of a show. ABC really has their act together this year, because most of the shows I watch are on their station now. This is a first for me. Historically NBC has aired most of my shows.

Tonight I watched the first two episodes of Notes From the Underbelly. I haven't liked a 1/2-hour comedy this much since Arrested Development. If you are ages 25-35, and you either have kids or have eight million friends with kids, you must watch this show. There is a character in the show that is a cross between Dave and AJ, and one character used the words "Mommy Cult", which I have been using for years.

The show is moving to the 8:30 slot on Wednesday nights, and I am hoping they'll leave it there because Wednesday TV stinks. If you missed tonight's episodes, I am sure they'll post them on abc.com. They are putting all their new shows there. I regularly watch Ugly Betty
online, my other new favorite comedy. I give this show two thumbs way up!!

The second reason I am posting is because after much careful thought and consideration, I selected names for the Handratty babies from the suggested list.

  1. Blue Handratty -- Because of the irony of naming a brown bird, Blue is not lost on me.
  2. Webber Handratty --Bill and Wendy make a good argument and they're not even lawyers.
  3. Grenno Handratty -- Because it is a good name for the big bird, and my mom will never have a grandchild with that name.
  4. Celia Handratty -- Since we need at least one pretty girl name and why not give the Mrs. a junior instead.
After you watch Notes, you will see that these two topics are not entirely unrelated. ; )

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Mommy Cult" Thanks for defining it for me, Alice! I've got two college roomies who are on their way into the cult and I know I'll never get them back. Going to the baby shower this weekend. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for coming out of lurking Robin. It made my day. I was just teasing my friend Jen about being a soccer mom since she is the most rock and roll person I know. She assures me that she forces her kids to rock out in the car on the way there.

Mama Yeagley said...

I am so glad to finally have a grandbird named Grenno!

karin said...

I want to watch that show, I will now that you have approved it. And I totally agree about watching NBC more than ABC (aside from the elementary school years of TGIF) but now I watch Grey's and Brothers and Sisters.

I love that you picked Celia, thanks.

Anonymous said...

Karin, partly ABC is putting on really good shows, and partly they keep putting them online, which I watch in my insomniatic state. If everyone else put shows online that I could watch, I might be more apt to watch them. You will not be disappointed with Notes.

chunkymonkey said...

I second the on-line thing. It makes ABC all that. And I love Ugly Betty, too. It makes me laugh right out and it takes alot for that. Now if only American Idol would put on their shows. I am completely obsessed. Come on, Fox.