Saturday, April 14, 2007

The Mother of All Yard Sales

Photo: Our New Bikes
Location: Our Backyard


The second fall after we moved into our house, I discovered the mother of all yard sales down the street. It is in a hugely, fancy neighborhood that has a combined neighborhood yard sale. It is where I got my dining room table and chairs for nearly nothing. I've been waiting for another neighborhood sale for quite some time. My friend Matt kept asking me when another one was going to happen, but it has been over a year since the last one and he was starting to think I made the whole thing up.

Well, the signs went up yesterday and I put the word out, so this morning Phil, Em, AJ, and I piled into the minivan to circle the rich hood. I got these two bicycles for $20 and $30 respectively. The others got some stuff too, and we all agree, it is the best yard sale. There were some really great retro couches and chairs that Liz would have loved. But alas, she had to attend a job fair to get a job so that she can afford to buy retro yard sale furniture in the first place. Scott and I are heading out to give the bikes a test ride on The American Tobacco Trail. Adieu.

4 comments:

karin said...

Sweet Deal! Now I am wondering what Em & AJ bought. I hope she posts about that.

Anonymous said...

She will. That's why I didn't. She bought the funniest thing and it was the hardest dollar she ever spent.

Karen B said...

How do your new bikes ride? Now that you have bikes we should ride bikes together. Dave is always so tired from work that he doesn't want to.

Anonymous said...

Great. The American Tobacco Trail is a really nice ride. We should bring Jack Jack and let him run with us.