Monday, May 14, 2007

April is the Star of My Blog

Photo: April Steering A Canoe with Haggard Big Orange Paddling Too
Location: Jordan Lake, NC

April is visiting us this week for the sole purpose of being the star of my blog. Who needs Arizona desert life when you can be the queen of everything North Carolina? I realize that judging from this picture you might be fooled into thinking that it is the Big Orange (A.K.A. Phil) who is the star of this show, but don't be fooled, she sat in the middle of the canoe because of her "condition". Although, upon returning to Phil's house, Dave proceeded to grill her about the status of her "okay-ness" in very serious hushed tones, and April and I feel rejected that Dave doesn't give a hoot about our "okay-ness", or polluting. This gives one the idea that Big Orange is the star, but she is not. Well, really Big Orange Baby might be trying to steal the spotlight. He/she IS stealing all of the Big Orange's nutrients and energy.

Canoeing is not the only thing that we did with April since she arrived, but it is the only thing that she really insisted on, which Phil and I took some cajoling since we were wicked tired. Since April is the star, we had to do it. We did have a nice time, and we did see pirates out on the water. No foolin', it was a sailboat with pirate swords. We wished that Emily were there to see it. They did not try to rob us, but it would have been cool if they had, those pirates of Jordan Lake.

Last night, we played Settlers again (big surprise). I won. Phil played April's hand for her, while April babysat Hyrum, like a good Faunie should. He likes her. She's good at it. Today we are having a girly day without Big Orange. Pedicures and shopping, all things that the Big Orange hates.

Sianara.

6 comments:

Karen B said...

You make it seem like I am April's rival for queen of the blog. I am not. I fully support her starriness.

Anonymous said...

I know you do. But the picture looks like you might be her rival.

Ann said...

I love sisters visiting. It's the best. Enjoy my sister out there next week, too.

On an unrelated topic: at some point you must blog about the many nicknames of Karen. Big Orange is new to me. Is there a story behind it, other than the fact that her hair is orange-ish and she'll soon be big with baby?

karin said...

I am with Dave on the okay-ness of Phil/Big Orange/Karen. Big Orange Baby changes EVERYTHING- balance is completely off and canoeing is a balance thing (right?).

I love sisters visiting too. I just plain love visitors. And I am glad that you will be posting about April this week (gives me blogs to read).

Was Em napping while ya'll were playing?
HA, HA I know the story behind Big Orange.

Unknown said...

I played, I just lose a lot. For those of my sisters who claim to love sister visits you sure are being stingy to me.

April deserves her stardom. She is like a star shining brightly, shining for the whole world to see.

chunkymonkey said...

I think April is Delightful and deserves to be Queen of the Blog. In fact, she should be Queen of Two Blogs, also. And, she is witty.