Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Toesies

Photo: April & Ali Toesies
Location: My Side Porch


Girly day was a smashing success. We outlet shopped til' we dropped. We got pedicures (I even got a color this time). We gave a fashion show for Dave, Phil, and Cousin Liz who clapped for every item displayed. April needed a new wardrobe for school in the fall that fit her better, and I picked up a handful of things for summer. We walked the dogs in the dark. The weather was perfect, 70's and sunny. April's curse is perfect weather everywhere she travels even though she always wants rain. It was a lovely day.

Today is Gilmore series finale party, maybe biking, and picking up Elizabeth and Conrad at the airport. Woohoo! Oh, and April insists Rad is coming back. AJ's grade school teacher thought it stood for "rocking against drugs".

And in other news, Bean just decided to play in the toilet water. April left the lid up, as any reasonable guest would do, and I found him splashing like it was the kiddie pool and having the most fun he's had in a long time. He got a one-armed bath. Stupid cat.

**The Big Orange came to be, because when Phil first got pregnant she was starving very suddenly all the time. She was discussing this with one co-worker when another co-worker, who didn't know she was pregnant, walked around the corner just as Phil was about to say, "the Big Orange Baby is hungry". All she got out was, "The Big Orange... is hungry", because she didn't want to spill the beans. Her co-worker asked her if she had just referred to herself as "the Big Orange" in the third person, and Phil, not wanting to out herself, she said yes. That is how she became the Big Orange and why we keep referring to her as such.

5 comments:

karin said...

I am jealous of your pedi, I have to do mine myself. I want a new wardrobe too but I am willing to wait for that (the OC is not known for inexpensive clothes). I am excited about Gilmore Girls too (I ended up watching Tuesday's episode on Friday because of the fire coverage I only got to watch 15 minutes on Tues) but the preview of tonight's made me wish it was already on. JEALOUS of Beebe and C-Rad visiting, I just hope he acts like himself- sometimes (most of the time) traveling is rough on the big guy.

Unknown said...

Pretty feet! Fun day. I would have clapped at the fashion show, too.

Anonymous said...

Rad is fully coming back. Everything old is totally new again.

Ann said...

Thanks for the story behind Big Orange. It's good to be in the know.

Your toes are super cute, by the way. Very girly. I am debating wether or not to get a pedicure. I love the finished product, but it is so embarassing because I sit there and laugh and kick my feet because I'm so ticklish. The other patrons look at me funny and the pedicurists speak to each other in Vietnamese, probably something about how stupid I am to get a pedicure if I don't like people touching my feet.

chunkymonkey said...

Rad went out? That is news to me.

Karin, you live in the land of the cheap pedis, but (as we have learned) take your own polish and make sure they sterilize EVERYTHING.

And I had a great time at the GG Party, not realizing its significance until we were there and I hope that Conrad did not distract everyone from the history in the making too much.