Monday, May 28, 2007

Foggy Bottom

I am happy to say that my tooth pain is finally starting to subside and I am in the beginning stages of coming out the fog. Since Wednesday night I have been in a lot of pain, feeling really stupid and foggy, uncoordinated due to very poor motor skills, and unable to focus my eyes in any way that would allow me to see anything clearly. I think this must be how potheads live their lives. I guess I'm glad I'm not a drug addict.

After all of this, I think I am going to try to switch dentists this week and get the job finished. I am also hoping that by the end of the week I'll feel like a real human being again. This whole experience has been so much worse than having my wisdom teeth removed. I just want to feel normal again, and to eat things without searing pain.

Tomorrow I plan to spend the day sitting really still again, but I hope to be productive by catching up on the many phone calls to insurance people and the like (that always takes hours since I always get stuck in the silly phone system loops). I hope to make it through the day without bumping into any walls. Wish me luck.

PS - I can say with some authority that Bean is a much better blogger than the rest of us. He has posted everyday.

PPS - Jakey turned 30 today. I am a lousy sister because I never called him, but I didn't because I was so out of it today.

5 comments:

Karen B said...

Glad you are starting to feel better. It will be just in time for you to have to stay up all night for an EEG.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how crazy your 'teeth issues' are! When I had my wisdom teeth out last fall, it was a breeze (although the Vicodin does seem to make me car sick) Amy

Ann said...

All this for a stinky root canal??

Oh! And Happy Birthday Jake!

Anonymous said...

I have plans to try and have this thing rectified. I have the number of an endodontist that I hope will fix the mess in my mouth.

Unknown said...

Get well soon. We miss you. Seems like AGES since we hung out.