Monday, June 04, 2007

The State of Modern Health Care

It seems that in order to have any procedure done of any kind, a person must spend a minimum of four-six hours stuck in phone tree loops for all the major insurance carriers. I wish there were real people on the other end of the phone. I am so fed up. I waste so much time fighting with insurance companies. It's interesting that these companies aim to save so much money by using these phone trees instead of real people with real salaries, and yet my premiums continue to sky rocket in addition to my co-pays. What a mess. I can feel my blood pressure going up. I hate this day.

6 comments:

karin said...

I am sorry. The best I can relate to being on the phone for health care related stuff was when I was trying to find a doctor for me in Texas when I was unexpectedly with child. My problem was that I was talking with real people, they just weren't "accepting anyone with my condition until August" (I was due in June, see the problem). But it worked out for the best, I found a doctor and he was a member (in the other ward so I wasn't friends with his wife) and his wife ending up getting pregnant while I was pregnant, so it was interesting to talk to him about how she was doing (they already had 3 kids).

*Wow, what a LONG somewhat unrelated comment about your post. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

You have the worst luck with all aspects of medical procedures! Amy

Anonymous said...

Seriously!! I don't know how much of it is medical curse and how much of it is a sheer numbers game. I get a lot of weird stuff.

Unknown said...

I hear you on the insurance is a pain thing. Sometimes I hate them. Like, for refusing to cover my epideral - hello! Am I supposed to have my guts sliced open without a painkiller?

Ann said...

Insurance is no fun. But not having insurance is even worse.

Elizabeth said...

you seem like you might enjoy micheal moore's new movie, "sicko". it is about dealing w/ insurance companies.