Saturday, November 17, 2007

It's A Holly Jolly Christmas, It's the Best Time of the Year

Dear Readers, you make think this is a little premature, but Phil with her giant baby coming, and me with my butt brain and finals, our deadline is really Thanksgiving weekend. Some stuff is all ready to go, but we have a few straggling projects to complete. I expect that we'll both stink at Christmas this year. I think Cousin Liz was a bit consternated when Phil and I both said, "If you want a fun Orphan Christmas, you and Emily can plan it yourselves, we're not doing it".

So far our only plan is for the Bell's to come over for Christmas dinner so that we can visit a little bit and feed the new mama. Although, really we'll probably give her some food and send her upstairs to sleep for a few hours while we ooh and ah over Leah in her "Baby's First Christmas" outfit complete with Santa hat. Scott will probably do most of the cooking, which is all right because he is his grandfather's grandchild, and is happiest when he is elbow deep in piecrust and has a turkey going in the roaster. The theme of this Christmas is low key.

Dear Readers, are you in panic mode for Christmas as the flyers and retail stores suggest you should be? Or are you planning on not sweating it and going for the worry-free Christmas we all had as kids?

8 comments:

karin said...

Everything is usually stress-free for me. Christmas, I think, we are at my parents' house (since my in-laws are in Iowa this year). And I think when you aren't responsible for everything it is stress-free.

Elizabeth said...

good thing for me i won't be here for you lame 90 year old lady x-mas. i'm going to ohio for wine, women, and song....and lot of wine...lots and lots of wine.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

What is that Christmas fruitcake talking about in that last comment?
We're going low key. AJ said we can invite his Hindu schoolmates over, since they for sure don't have Christmas plans.

BBQdave said...

Depending on Mom and Baby, we may or may not be making it out for Christmas...
Scrooge
And YES, I am the Boss of Christmas...

Anonymous said...

The beauty of editing power is the ability to delete that one weird comment in spanish/portuguese/whatever. That was super weird.

Unknown said...

Our intentions are to keep it low key, however, I am coming to realize there is no low-key when you have 2 kiddos (the baby's first Christmas) and married with both sets of parents divorced and remarried. Umm...can you say disfunctional? Let's just say we try to get through it the best we can and try and remember the reason and help someone who otherwise wouldn't have a Christmas.

chunkymonkey said...

I thought I was ready for Christmas, almost, then realized that not only do I not have SweetRolls made for the neighbors and VTers, but no annual letter is written, no photos of Con for the Grandmas (all 7-so this is serious) and no stocking for Con, although he has not yet noticed. And this is my low - key festivities! Oh, and I am re-debating my wonderful idea for Tyler, and its our 5-yr anniversary. Oh why did I start commenting? Now I am overwhelmed by LK Christmas!