Monday, December 03, 2007

A Few Quick Notes

I make no promises of an exciting post today, so I'll give a brief overview. I want you all to know I have blog commentary running through my head every waking hour. It's like my own narrator. If only I could remember any of it by the time I sat down to my sweet, lovely Mac.
  • Hubby and I went to see the Nutcracker as per our tradition. It's magical every year, and I think the gang must all go next year. The whole time I was watching it I could hear Em's voice in my head laughing, oohing, and aahing everytime a truffle pranced around or a gingerbread cookie starting doing flips. The Nutcracker is my favorite thing about Christmas, I don't care how un-PC that is to say. I also miss it at the Wang Center in Boston. Someday we will take all the kids over five with us dressed to the nines, it is after all the only time of year hubby and I dress to the nines.
  • We are in the final waiting stages for the Big Orange Baby to arrive anytime between now and the 13th. Tonight her dad took orders from me, Liz, and Phil on exactly where to hang all the pictures in her nursery. He endured it very well, and he normally hates it when we suggest anything to him.
  • My sister's cat is protesting the arrival of the Big Orange Baby every chance she gets. She wet upon the couch and is trying to bury the whole house, so she has been banished to the back deck with the dogs against her will. She deserves it.
  • I don't know what my cat is protesting, but we're sick of it. Fortunately he has not wet upon anything but his litter box.
  • I went to see Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium and I can honestly say it will wind up in my personal DVD collection someday. It has the makings to become a classic. I think the kids will love it on the big screen, and the parents will wish it had come out when they were kids so that they could love it even more than they did when they watched it this time.
  • My good friend Sarah sent me a Cadbury Advent calendar from England and it made my week.
Cheers!

3 comments:

karin said...

You should really plan on the Big Orange Baby coming closer to Christmas and then when she is "early" you will be excited.

I want to dress to the nines but honestly I don't know what that is and I am sure that I don't have anything that qualifies.

I would love to see Mr. Magorium's but since my last trip to the movies, I have said that I will wait for everything to come out on DVD and watch it at home (where it doesn't cost over $30 just to get in and it isn't disgustingly dirty). The boys do better at the theater but will have to have a set of grandparents take them. But this is good to know for when I am renting a movie for our "Family Movie Nights."

Unknown said...

I did enjoy Mr. Magorium's. It was a magical movie. I woulda dressed to the 9s for my work Christmas party, but I couldn't go because I had a sick day, and that ain't right. Neither is peeing on a couch.

Anonymous said...

Karin, dressing to the nine's is somewhere between semi-formal and formal. We dressed semi-formal because Scott was not wearing a tux, just a nice suit and I was wearing a knee-length cocktail dress.