Monday, February 11, 2008

Ramona Quimby, Age 32

Photo: Ali & Ramona Quimby

One of the great things about staying in Portland, is that I am in Ramona Quimby's hometown. I have been a huge fan of Beverly Cleary's Ramona books since I was a kid. I love the books for how well they are written, but I also imagine that my mom in her childhood was the real inspiration for Ramona's character. I love the Ramona books so much that I named one of my former pet's after Beezus Quimby.


Photo: Ali on Klickitat Street

My dad was kind enough to take me to Grant Park to visit Ramona, Henry Huggins, and Ribsy the dog. We also drove the four blocks up to see the street where Ramona grew up, Klickitat Street. If you have a Ramona obsession like I do, take a gander at these photos: Click Here

5 comments:

karin said...

I did enjoy those books. I might have to grab some from my parents' house and reread them.

Unknown said...

Henry, Ribsy, yes! I miss Ramona. Beezus was so bossy. I going to reread those all soon.

Anonymous said...

I actually just re-read "Ramona Forever" recently! That's awesome!

Karen B said...

Ramona looks like those creepy statues at Southpoint but I sure do love her. She was the first literary character I could ever relate to.

Karen B said...

Ramona looks like those creepy statues at Southpoint but I sure do love her. She was the first literary character I could ever relate to.