Saturday, February 09, 2008

Oh Susanna

Photo: Ali, Susanna, & Jakey at my Mom's Super, Terrific, Shiny Curtains

I wanted to post this several days ago, but in my defense I was waiting for my lil' brother Jakey to post the picture. In his defense, dinner took a little longer than we had expected and he didn't get back to Seattle until somewhere near midnight and he had to work the next day.

So while my mom was in Arizona visiting with the new babies, I was in Portland visiting with the new girlfriend. You might not guess it looking at this photo, but Susanna is the same height as Jakey. I felt a bit like a pipsqueak all weekend, but all my BFFs tend to be Amazon beauties so it was just fine. Susanna is no exception. I can see what Jakey sees in her. She is alarmingly beautiful when you meet her, but very chilled out and lots of fun to be with.

We spent a very low-key weekend thrifting in Portland's trendy shops, and wandering through fun shoe stores, bead stores, and craft stores. We played a lot of cards, and Susanna kicked our butts. I am okay with that because she and Jake were willing to indulge me with cards, and because maybe, just maybe she'll take Phil down in August for Yeagley-Mega-Blowout-Christmas-2008.

I certainly don't want to jinx or put pressure on Jakey and his new gal with all this gushing, but I wouldn't be sad if she were around for a wicked long time. I think she may have turned Jakey into a grown-up man, but in the good way. We tease him about his Peter Pan syndrome, but mainly because he's been teasing us for being boring, old grown-ups for years. I like Jakey the man a lot, and I like his new girlfriend even more. Welcome to the mean streets of the Yeagley hood Susanna!

6 comments:

karin said...

I love when "we" love the significant other- it makes things easier and fabulous.

Elizabeth said...

dear ali-

did you include the word "wicked" in your post because you knew that it would make me giggle? i like to think that you did.

Anonymous said...

Dear Liz,

I never write anything without thinking of you first. It's what I do, because I am thoughtful like that.

Ali

Anonymous said...

Dear Ali,

Thank you for putting up the Jake and Susanna post. I was glad to put the face with the nice girl.

Love,
Em T.

Unknown said...

I'm a little stunned at this news - Jakey is a MAN? Who is this Susanna girl and where did she come from?

Anonymous said...

I'm a man. I'm a manly man. I grew a mustache and paid off my student loans. If the Department of Education would've accepted them, I'd've paid my loans off in sweaty, hairy push-ups!

For interested parties, pictures of Susanna have been up on my Flickr account since forever ago.