Thursday, February 07, 2008

A Tree For Your Thoughts

Photo: What I Woke Up To

  1. I have a smattering of things to post this morning. Firstly that there was a big storm last night that knocked over this giant tree onto my parents house. Fortunately no damage was done except to their fence. Unfortunately, the woman who owns this tree left town quite awhile ago and no one can get a hold of her.
  2. I watched Michael Moore's movie, Sicko, last night with my dad. I think that every American has a moral obligation to watch this movie at least once, and sooner rather than later. It really doesn't matter what your politics are. Moore is equally unkind to both sides of the isle. I cried a couple of times during the movie, not because of the sob stories of the people he was documenting, but because things that happened in that movie happened to me. Tragically I am not alone in my experience with healthcare. This is systemic problem for all insured and uninsured Americans. I urge you to watch this movie, to watch the interviews in the extras section, and to write your congressman. This problem will only get solved if Americans speak through the power of vote. If you still aren't convinced this movie is for you, just know that 50% of all bankruptcy cases in this country are due to healthcare costs, and of those cases, 75% had health insurance.
  3. Lastly, Emily had this to say:"Dear All, Thank you for the congrats on the birth of Annalee. It has been great fun for me to have her in the family. We are all doing very well. Derek loves his sister and is starting to adjust to all the major changes in his life (things have been a bit more hectic for him than he'd like them to be). Sue, thank you for your compliment. Annalee and Derek do look very much alike and it is my opinion that they are both very good lookin' kids! Love, Emily"

4 comments:

Karen B said...

That is a really pretty tree sideways. I don't think it really made an impression on me while I was there and it was standing upright.

karin said...

Firstly, I am enjoying the new look of the blog.
Secondly, that is a scary about the tree. My parents' tree fell down and my Dad was in the driveway. I miss that tree.
I wish I had more things to comment but if you read Em's blog you will see my many excuses of being lame right now.

Unknown said...

So your sister calls your mom Sue?

Anonymous said...

Different Sue. It's Momma Kane.