Thursday, March 06, 2008

And Then I Was In Arizona

I flew on a plane. All day. I was stuck next to halitosis, moth balls, and smoker guy for many hours. April drove me to the Whole Foods formerly known as Wild Oats. The store was having an identity crisis and the staff was having one with it. We eventually found all my foods. When we got to April's apartment, her cat wanted to make out with me, my water, and my dinner. I said no. I don't kiss on the first date. I was so tired, that I had the best sleep in a year in April's super, nice bed. I wish I could take it home with me. Now it's morning and I am going to make chocolate chip cookies and homemade mac n' cheese for April and her celiac beau. We eat the same. Because we have the gluten.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Last night I cooked for an Elder that had the gluten. He scarfed. He was almost in tears he was so excited to be eating something safe, yet delicious. I have only you to thank for it.

Anonymous said...

Does this mean that you'll have to feed the missionaries more often so that this Elder doesn't starve? I am glad to have done some good in the world with the Gluten. It made my mom better at her job too. She tells the nurses when drugs are gluten-free for their patients with the Gluten.

Unknown said...

Ok, I am so loving the phrase "having the gluten." That is hilarious and so very southern. I want to hug that missionary AND your mom. That might be my Parker someday. Also is your homemade mac and cheese recipe on here? I will go look and see. If not, you must post!

Karen B said...

Don't forget you were butt dialing me and butt hanging up on me at 5:30 in the morning. I could make the missionaries a chocolate torte.

karin said...

You are such a traveler these days- we are such the opposites these days.
It is nice that your pain has helped others. What did you make Em?