Sunday, March 02, 2008

Girls Day Out

Maybe it's only funny to me, and quite possibly your scratching your head as to why this is worthy of a post, but really, let me assure you that as a group, we just don't shop. Yesterday, and for the first time ever, all the girls of the gang, including baby Leah, but not including any quadrupeds, went to the mall and the fabric store to collectively offer opinions on things for purchase.

And sad Phil, who hates to shop most of all, was forced to buy clothes for work because the poor girl had a baby two months ago and is in between sizes still and will be for a while yet. The rest of us collectively stood/sat around in the Christmas sweater section of Sears and waited while Leah snacked and Phil tried on 1000 or so shirts in the gross dressing room at the dirt mall. There were some ladies of age shopping in the Christmas sweater section, who I think were silently judging us. I am sure that in their day young ladies did not sit in sweater sections making crass comments about the merits of sweaters baring Christmas flare.

We returned to our normal activities later by having game night and making creamy white chili for Liz. There was lots of rip snorting laughter over things that probably weren't that funny, but that is how you properly end girls' day out. It is not doing each other's hair and makeup like you might think.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

isn't odd how much the mall in the video looks like the dirt mall.

the robin sparkles video never stops being funny no matter how many times i see it.

Unknown said...

Wow! I had never seen that video and boy was I missing out! It made me want to cut off a pair of tights and practice some sweet 80's dance moves. I will have you to thank when this song is still running through my head 2 hours from now ;)

Do you think something will happen to us between now and the time we are 80 that will make us want to wear christmas flare sweaters? I hope not. And wouldn't it be awesome to shoot into space with a trail of sparkles blazing behind you? I think I have to go watch that again. hahaha

Unknown said...

We really should've painted our toenails. And if you changed the name "Jessica" to "Cynthia" that song is about my sister Jill. Kind of.

April Yarnold said...

It makes me long for our girls day out last May. Ours was definitely more girly, though.

Karen B said...

It takes a village to dress me.