Friday, March 28, 2008

Ending the Suspense

So even though I never intended to be quite so cryptic yesterday, the test we were doing was an EEG to measure my brain activity. Since we were trying desperately to get me to lose consciousness during this test in order to get a more accurate idea of what's wrong with me as far as losing consciousness goes, Phil, my neurologist, and the lab technicians had to stage extreme stress and pain to try to force me to go down and out. They were successful, and Phil deserves bragging rights. To get the full account of what went down, go to Phil's blog by: clicking here.

*Warning, it's pretty horrible and it was my worst day, even though it may not have been yours.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope it's all worth it in the end!

Anonymous said...

Me too!! Mainly I just a definite answer one way or the other.

Karen B said...

Was it the worst day you ever had? Even worse than the time you passed out falling down the basement stairs?

Anonymous said...

Uh, yes. Definitely worse.

Unknown said...

Wow what a story! Gracious! So did you cry alot before you passed out? Once in a time of extreme stress my vision totally started to black out while I was driving and I had to pull over on the side of the highway and I was blind for what seemed like a minute but was probably shorter and then it came back. CRAZY stuff stress!! Hope they find out soon exactly what's going on!

karin said...

I hope that you can know what is wrong with you- they still don't know what is wrong with me, but as long as I can function- I told them NO MORE TESTS.

Ann said...

Oh, horrible! Extreme stress, you're not kidding. I'm crossing my fingers for you.

Anonymous said...

Remember that time (under no stress) Jake passed out in the kitchen and hit his head on a stool? Then stay up all night and then did tests on him. And didn't figure out that happened. But Jake couldn't drive for a year, so that was good funnny.

Anonymous said...

I do remember that. It turns out, we're discovering, that several of us have unexplained episodes. Mine are just more awesome and more frequent.