Thursday, March 27, 2008

The Kindly Ones

Today I have to do what may be the most horrible medical test of my life and to prepare I had to stay up all night long. My sister, Anita, stayed up all night with me on the phone so I wouldn't fall asleep because she loves me. That's compassion.

My other sister, Phil, plotted evil things for me, which seems terrible, and is terrible, but was necessary. Yick. But she had to do it and so I'll thank her another day. Really she also did it because she loves me, but I think she had more fun plotting than she should have.

10 comments:

go_Jake said...

What a potboiler! End the suspense and tell us what this horrible test is and why you had to stay up all night to take it.

karin said...

Ditto to Jake!
I hope there is a posting later today to end the suspense.

I hope everything goes well and it isn't as bad as I am thinking.

Anonymous said...

Phil will be ending the suspense soon because she's just so darn proud of herself, and I assure you that whatever you thought was bad, quadruple it and you might be close.

Trost Fam. said...

All I have to say is, Anita is a saint. She has a newborn and chooses to stay up all night with Alice, that's just crazy.

Unknown said...

Ok, does it have something to do with the intestines? Because Greg had a colonoscopy and he said it was pretty terrible. You have caused all of our imaginations to run wild. I really do need to catch up with you in person and guess who just got called to YW. hehehe. I'll track ya down.

Anonymous said...

Oh worse still. Much, much worse.

Unknown said...

I can't believe no one told me about this until yesterday afternoon when it was all over. Both Phil and AJ thought the other one would have told me. When did I get so out of the loop?

Unknown said...

did I mention how creepy Jake's photo is? Creepy.

go_Jake said...

What's the matter, Emily? Don't you like men? Don't you like hairy, manly men? Do you not care for the Velvet Uncle's red drapes? Or his "What do we have here?" expression?

chunkymonkey said...

But you love your sleep! Was all this exhaustion completely necessary? I guess it would up the stress factor exponentially.