Monday, April 07, 2008

The Gallery and Me

Photo: Self-Portrait "Blogging"

Call me self-indulgent if you will, but as I was going through many of my old photographs I realized all the best images of me were shot by other people, and therefore pretty low res. The problem is that I am a Photoshop fiend and I like to go in and do all sort of effects, which is a little hard with the low resolution stuff.

Photo: Self-Portrait "Crabby Morning in the Car"

So I took it upon myself to set my camera to the highest setting and take some self-portraits while I have this good overcast light. I went to work in Photoshop, which is what I've been doing to lots of photos I meant to go back and fix years ago.

Photo: Self-Portrait "Tired on the Porch"

If you've been paying attention (and it's really okay with me if you haven't), you'll notice that my photo gallery in the upper right corner of this page has been changing quite a bit in the last few weeks. Click through and take a peak (I'll likely keep updating now after a year of ignoring it).

My dream is to someday get a Nikon D40 and start shooting much higher resolution stuff to play around with in Photoshop and perhaps, even one day have a real live, not on the internet, gallery show of my work. Alas, I am too poor, too sick, and too in the hole for school work to even think such thoughts. A girl can dream...

6 comments:

Karen B said...

I looked in your gallery again. I hadn't done that in awhile. I like that I remember being with you for some of those pictures. Remember how much in awe Murphy was of the horses.

Anonymous said...

I do indeed remember Murphy's awe of the horses. I don't think she's seen any since. Maybe we should take her on a field trip.

Also, in case anyone was wondering, the answer is, "No, I did not brush my hair today."

And I need to shoot some more pictures of Leah soon.

Hannah said...

I know this is completely off topic but - I really love the headboard on your bed!!

Anonymous said...

You need to smile more! And yes, that's a great headboard!!!

Anonymous said...

I got bored with smiles. Scott makes me smile every time he takes my picture.

chunkymonkey said...

The not smiling must be something to do with being an artist. All the kids in my class that know what they are doing are developing smile-less portraits. Very dramatic.