Saturday, April 05, 2008

I'm Having An Eeyore Day

I don't know why, it just happens sometimes. I called up cousin Liz and hijacked her Friday night. She indulged me in a little retail therapy. I found a really beautiful silk shirt-dress at a discount retailer marked down from $224 to $35. I felt pretty proud of that find. Liz found me a really nice bright orange jacket and a kelly green shirt that are both pretty fantastic. Retail therapy worked. I feel better. Also, Liz is good company.

Harumpf....

On a side note, we finally found "The Saggy Baggy Elephant" after months of looking.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. I've gone shopping a few times as a way to feel better before and it does indeed work to take your mind off life. Keep feeling better!

karin said...

When we lived in Texas, I was encouraged (by a certain someone who lived with me- who shall remain nameless) to go out with other ladies at least once a month (sometimes more depending on my Eeyore moods). It was great therapy- I should do it more, too bad I have been living in bed for the past week.

chunkymonkey said...

Sounds like great finds, especially the saggy baggy elephant. It is a classic! Although, as I am sitting here, I don't remember the story/text, just the illustrations. Maybe my mom & dad didn't actually read it to me. Maybe my memories of it are of me looking at the pictures. Same with the Poky Little Puppy. Hmmm...

Anonymous said...

That's a fabulous deal!!!!

Unknown said...

Hugs to you Ali! Glad you got to go have some fun shopping! Guess what song is now playing in my head thanks to you?! Let's go to the mall!

Unknown said...

I remember the story line to the poky little puppy, but I don't remember a thing about the saggy baggy elephant. Are you sure we had it, Beebe? Maybe you just perused the yeagley copy.

April Yarnold said...

I miss shopping with you :(