Monday, June 30, 2008

Another Insomnia Post?

Yes, that's four nights in eight days with no sleep-o for Ali-o. So with all this free time on my hands, to not make any noise in my house lest I wake the sleeping hubby, it gives a girl time to think (and make eggs, paint, watch a movie, and pop popcorn, but that's besides the point). So I finally made a plan for my life with my new life o' illnesses. Hubby will be so pleased. He's been bugging me for months. Let's hope the plan works, otherwise I'll look like a fool who took too long to figure out her life.

By the by, not knowing what to do with my life is new territory for me. We're it not for these ever so fun constraints, I'd still be on my original path which was super easy for me to plan out. So was my first career, I had it all figured out by the 7th grade, and I didn't even have to. It's not part of the 7th grade curriculum to ask students about their career goals. Just so you know.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I want to know what your new life's plans are. When do your avid readers get to find out? The suspense!!!

Anonymous said...

I felt a separate post was appropriate to send my condolences to you. I am very sorry you are an insomniac. I most certainly get MUCH better sleep than you, but being one with a baby who is a terrible night time sleeper (particularly last night...up every hour) and as one who greatly values a good night sleep, I empathize and wish I could remove this atrocity of a night time monster from your life.

Joe and Lora Leigh said...

Yep, I am interested now in the new life plans too. Also, since you've been watching movies at all hours ... seen any good ones lately?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your sympathies Em, and Lora Lee I watched Nanny McPhee. Since we have TiVo, I have lots of movies saved. Next up is West Side Story. It's an old family favorite.

karin said...

Being a fellow insomniac, I understand but when I have a newborn my sleep problems go away. My body understands that I NEED sleep and I am able to sleep better (not like normal people but still I get sleep).

I also want to know about the *new* life plan.

karin said...

Oh, and that was not encouraging having a newborn to help with sleep issues, you get other issues with a newborn.

Unknown said...

Come on! Dish! What does your life hold now?

chunkymonkey said...

If I remember correctly, you had a life plan in 1st. The farms, marrying the boys from 1st grade, being vets....

kanewoman said...

Ali you are such a tease.

April Yarnold said...

Oh, I miss sleep, too. Soooo tired! My insomnia is final exam, paper writing induced, though. Should go away tonight. I hope.

Anonymous said...

I hope you're sleeping :)