Saturday, August 23, 2008

Yeagley Mega Blowout Christmas 2008


After many hours of uploading onto flickr, I now can give my happy report about Yeagley Mega Blowout Christmas 2008. Big Dave's been trying for quite awhile to get this thing off the ground. Initially he thought we could do it every year. I wish. We all live too far apart, and most of us are poor as church mice. This year the Yeagley parents subsidized the travel and the beach house so that we could have a wonderful family reunion. We were only missing one BIL, and we also got our favorite Auntie and Uncle, and one of favorite cousins, to come.

Hubby and I flew out early to do some local Portland stuff, then everyone else started rolling in over the weekend. We all traveled up on Sunday afternoon, after my dad looked pretty perturbed about all the stuff that he had to get packed into the mini-van rental. My dad, who is rarely ruffled, looked like he might blow his top after he saw the sewing machine April wanted to bring to make curtains. Sooo funny.

It was a fanastic week, and Santa did make appearance. It turns out he and the "Mrs." were vacationing a little ways down the beach. Derek was so excited he got really flustered and told Santa he was going to be in the second grade, when in fact he started kindergarten this week. So hilarious. One of these days I'll get the video of that moment posted.

Anyway, my dad and hubby documented nearly every second of the vacation with their matching dSLRs, and I stole both their cameras on occasion to take some cute pictures of babies. You can probably tell which ones are mine, but maybe that's just me.

Not much is labled, and you'll see why when you go to the picks (I recommend slideshow mode, there are a lot), but if you want to look at all the photographic evidence of our fun beach week, click here.

9 comments:

Hannah said...

Great pictures! You guys looks like you had a really fun time. And you've got some gorgeous landscape pictures! The sunset ones are especially amazing.

karin said...

I LOVE family reunions. Looks like a great vacation.

chunkymonkey said...

Nice photos! I especially like lil' Derek's arm. Too cute. How neat that the Yeagley kids and parents were all together! So fun! But, sewing curtains???

Anonymous said...

Hey Ali,

thanks for posting the pictures. I hadn't seen them all when I was there.

Unknown said...

Awesome pictures! Sounds like a blast. You got to see Santa at the beach?! Luckyyyy!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures, Ali! I don't think I've seen all the Yeagley's together since you all lived in New England. Very nice.

Ann said...

I stole one of your gorgeous pictures for my wallpaper. Thanks!

Those Yeagley babies are adorable. And I love Santa's shorts!

April Yarnold said...

I don't own a sewing machine.

Unknown said...

I LOVE the family photo on the posting. Makes me feel all nostalgic in a weird way.