Monday, January 08, 2007

Awesome Is As Awesome Does

Photo: Ali Holding An Awesome Frog at Pop's Farm in NH (1988)

Phil and I took a drive up to Harrisonburg, Virginia to visit with Grandma, and Lori and Debbie's families. While I was there, I got a hold of a photo album that Grandma had which she said I could borrow to scan all the photographs. As you can see, the photos I got are the most awesome photos I've come across in quite awhile. I didn't have time to scan them all, but I will.

This picture of me holding a frog at Pop's farm up on Mt. Sunappee from the summer we moved to NH is without a doubt the most awesome picture of me ever. So much so, that it out does the photo of me in the 5th grade with Anthony Michael Hall hair (which was also in the book by the way).

Photo: Phil As An Awesome Super Model

Phil has few photos of herself wearing such an awesome bathing suit. Meow Phil, MEOW! Perhaps we can find a suit just as awesome for her now, but I doubt it.

Photo: Macy Helping Phil with Her Awesome Accounting Work

Okay, I took these awesome photos of my cousin Debbie's daughter, Macy. She was helping Phil with her accounting work for quite awhile. Mainly she helped by stepping all over the papers, leaving traces of chewed up banana, and spreading the leftovers out as far as the "Eye" could see (her last name is Eye). When she ran out of places to spread the paper, she did the next logical thing, which was to eat the reports. Delish!

Photo: Debbie As An Awesome Prima Ballerina

Not to be outdone by her own daughter, I had to post this awesome picture of Debbie as a ballerina. I don't think I've seen her wearing quite so much make-up, but I do hope she repeats this look for her next drivers license photograph. I think she will not get any tickets if she does.

Photo: Awesome Jazzersize Lori

We saw our other cousin Lori while we were there, and I deeply wish that this was the outfit she was wearing when she came to visit. It would have made the buffet at Grandma's retirement community far more enjoyable. I guess I can understand why she wouldn't want to wear a unitard while pregnant, but her daughter Gracie would have been in such awe that she might not have thrown all her forks under the table. Please Lori, wear this again for us. It's AWESOME!

Photo: Jakey's Awesome Shoes

Please note Jakey's awesome shoes. If I ever run across another pair of them, I am going to get him some for his birthday or Christmas. Perhaps, they will sell them at one of the many gas stations where Phil and I usually get his gifts. Hmmm, maybe JR's will have a pair.

Photo: Emily's Awesome Hair

Last but not least, I found this great picture of Emily wearing the most awesome green bathing suit, that may or may not have been worn by some Stewarts as well. What I love most about this picture, is Emily's awesome bangs that go half way back across her head. That was an excellent style choice Emily.

All in all we had a lovely weekend, and the awesomeness will keep coming. Stay tuned...

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have much better hair now. Amy

Anonymous said...

Thanks Amy!

Karen B said...

For the record, no blue leopard's were harmed in the making of that swimsuit.

Also, thanks to Macy for helping me get my work done. I don't think I violated any labor laws since she did not work more than 4 consecutive hours and she was allowed multiple breaks which with to decorate everyone and everything with chewed bananas.

karin said...

We had a pink leopard bathing suit. If I can find a photo of it I will post it (I think Jill is wearing it in the photo).

THose are great pictures, it makes me want to scan photos in and post "awesome" pictures too.

Anonymous said...

You were jealous of my hair because it looked so much better than yours. Sadly, now I am the jealous one....

Unknown said...

Talk about AWESOME! I don't even think I can pick a favorite. But I can tell you, as a pregnant woman, I would be _honored_ to wear a jazzercise unitard like your cousin Lori. It was so very stylish.

Ann said...

love, love, LOVE! these pictures! You're ALL awesome!

Anonymous said...

Emily, I truly believe you would wear a unitard today. I hope to see more awesome pictures from the rest of you soon. : )

chunkymonkey said...

Love the photos! I just wish we could see the confusion, fear or excitement on the poor froggy's face.

Anonymous said...

I am guessing poor froggy made his/her way to the other side of the pond never to return to the dock again.