Thursday, February 01, 2007

Silly Sammy Slick sipped six sodas and got sick sick sick

Okay, it wasn't the sodas that made me sick, sick, sick.
It was the husband with the nastiest of colds. I got clocked!
I had it so much worse than he did, but I am choosing to look at the up side of all this.

As a kid, my least favorite thing about being sick was feeling rotten and being stuck in the house. My favorite thing was watching cartoons. As an adult, my least favorite thing about being sick was feeling rotten and being stuck in the house for four days, and my favorite thing was watching cartoons online. I watched Danger Mouse on
youtube.com and Angry Beavers on peekvid.com. Now we are having a fake-winter day again. Being sick is still rotten, but it's gotten much better with the Supernet.

6 comments:

Karen B said...

If you won't entertain me with your presence at lunch...at least you give me Danger Mouse. Thank you for that. FYI, I have now driven at 8:00, 10:30, and 1:30-2:00 and the road traction is still like sandpaper. That means good. Dave did say it was a lot worse south of me. I may be speaking out of turn since Durham and Wake counties don't often have the same degrees of weather.

Unknown said...

Sorry you're sick, birthweek girl! Would goodberry's make you feel better?

Anonymous said...

Phil - The roads are worse south of you. My steps are covered in slush.

Emily - Goodberry's always makes me feel better, although you are the one I am trying not infect.

karin said...

What is Goodberry's?

Sorry you were sick. I hate feeling yucky and the worst part about being sick now is I still have to work (take care of my kids).

Karen B said...

Today I preordered your HP book. It will be here 7/21/07. I think perhaps it would have been a nice sicky book. Hope you have time to read it when it comes unlike last time.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Phil! You are working hard to keep the title of best sister ever!

Karin - Goodberry's is the frozen custard chain local to Raleigh that is heaven on your tongue.