Monday, October 15, 2007

The Final Countdown

I truly hope that the song by Europe is now running through your head as you read this. We are five days away from Fake-Thanksgiving/Baby Shower for the Bells, so I will not be posting again until after the event. I have two tests and a quiz this week, final preparation for the party, and Dad's arrival on Wednesday to get ready for. I promise there will be a wonderous post on Monday next. To tide you over, here is last year's Fake-Thanksgiving post:

Fake-Thanksgiving 2006


The Final Countdown
lyrics by Europe

Were leaving together,
But still its farewell
And maybe well come back,
To earth, who can tell?
I guess there is no one to blame
Were leaving ground
Will things ever be the same again?

Its the final countdown...

Were heading for venus and still we stand tall
Cause maybe theyve seen us and welcome us all
With so many light years to go and things to be found
Im sure that well all miss her so.

7 comments:

Karen B said...

I'm glad you finally recognize my genious as a true artist. You and Jake couldn't have gotten all the talent. That just wouldn't be fair.

Elizabeth said...

karen is a genius and we often combine our genius to create super genius. for example, just this weekend we used our genius to heat syrup by heating it in a pan of water. We also geniusly thought of the idea to paint small pumpkins at game night for fake-thanksgiving. i whole heartedly bow to karen's genius and congratulate her for new title as "artistic genius"....just think what she will be able to do when she is no longer butt-brained.

Karen B said...

Just so everyone knows, our genius over the weekend involved Liz not realizing that if you put a plastic bottle of syrup in a boiling metal pot of water, the plastic will melt and me realizing it but thinking that if I shook the syrup bottle it would stop that from happening. I was wrong. So very wrong. I don't know why.

karin said...

I am excited about the Fake-Thanksgiving and Baby Shower post but a little sad that I have to wait so long for it. I am trying to get better about my postings but really it helps if I am at home and lately it just isn't the case.

Unknown said...

I am excited, but less about the posts and more about the actual events.

Ann said...

I'm feeling very excited for Fake Thanksgiving! ...Which is odd because I'm not participating... Looking forward to the run-down anyway!

chunkymonkey said...

I have just caught up on reading all the posts (had to go on vacation) and have to say that my favorite was the 2 nieces and one nephew post and comments. Not to be cliche, but I laughed out loud. And now I, too, am ready for the fake Thanksgiving post. I am actually tapping my foot in anticipation.