Monday, May 05, 2008

Sorry April, It Turns Out I'm #1 Auntie

Photo: Baby Leah Swinging for the First Time, and Wearing Her Uncle Scott's Floppy Hat

Baby Leah came over for a play date today with me, and we had the best time. She is at a fantastic age right now because for the last couple of weeks she started realizing who I am and is happy to see me. She doesn't normally come to my house because all her stuff is at her own house, but today she came armed with enough stuff for ten babies.

After a lovely morning nap, and a hefty snack of strained carrots and rice cereal (I made her eat nakedy so she wouldn't ruin her cute green outfit), we decided to walk to the small park in my neighborhood. As it turns out, baby likes getting sunscreen put on, and despite the huge amounts of stuff she came with, a hat wasn't one of them so she had to borrow Uncle Scott's hat.

As far as I know, she's never been in the baby swings at the park yet, so today was a first. I really think I ought to have something first since her parents get all the other things. She loved it! She smiled, giggled, and stuck her feet out. She didn't even seem to mind that big floppy hat slipping down over her eyes. We also slid down the purple slide together three times. She didn't find this as fun, but I think it's because the hat kept covering her eyes so she couldn't see all the fun she was having.

Photo: Giggling Up a Storm at Bean and Auntie

She likes playing with me SOOOOO much now, she didn't want to take her afternoon nap because she wanted to play instead. Eventually she wore out and took a good nap until her daddy arrived to pick her up. She was so happy to see him pull in the driveway, because even a really, really fun day with Auntie doesn't hold a candle to Daddy coming home.

To see more pictures of our fun day, click here.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That is SO cute, and she looks way mature in that first picture.

Karen B said...

I think that's her impression of Liz in the post below it.

chunkymonkey said...

Aunties are very special people. Just ask my nephews and niece.

karin said...

I think Aunts are the best. And she does look like she is having a GREAT time.

Unknown said...

This post made me giggle alot especially about the hat keeping her from seeing all of the fun she was having going down the slide. What a lucky bebe to have such a fun Auntie!

April Yarnold said...

There are enough nieces and nephews to go around. We can both be #1 Aunties. I don't care how often Derek says you're pretty, he still loves me best. And I will win Annalee, too. We can share Rio. Also, I'm totally jealous of your fun day. It makes me miss when I used to take Derek for the day. Maybe I will do that soon.