Monday, April 09, 2007

The April Bunny

Photo: Springy Dog
(brought to you by the Golden Girls and their affiliates)
Location: Phil's Living Room


This year Easter fell on my sister April's 25th birthday. She has declared it her month, which I fully support. Instead of an Easter celebration, we had an April celebration. Complete with the April Bunny, April baskets, and April eggs.

Photo: The Gang
(minus Ali, Scott, and 10,000 smelly dogs)
Location: Phil's Living Room

I am being a little lazy about telling you how things went, so I'll boil it down to a few highlights. Much to her dismay, Emily is still pregnant and huge. The big orange dogs got summer haircuts, so Casey is now being called "Chicken Dog" because he is so old and gross that he looks like raw chicken poor Casey. Liz managed to use ALL of the April grass sent by the Golden Girls, by making lovely decorations on our plates of grassy "salad" and grassy "punch". Scott got his dream gift... money (okay, it was quarters out of our change cup). Dave made his usual delicious roast beast (ham in fact). I made a yummy chocolate souflee that was so rich no one but Emily could finish it. I won Settlers of Cattan, which I haven't done since my birthday streak. And Phil did all of the dishes, because it is her holiday duty since she doesn't cook at all.

To see all of the photos from our April celebration, click here. Happy April!!

Photo: Ali
Location: Phil's Living Room


Photo: Scott and His Quarters
Location: Phil's Living Room


Photo: Emily and the Singing Frog
(which Jack Jack desperately wants to eat)
Location: Phil's Living Room


Photo: The Tired Chef
Location: Phil's Living Room

6 comments:

chunkymonkey said...

That looks very entertaining and relaxing, maybe from the comfy looking chairs and Sleepy Dave.

Since its April Month, do you get yummy treats all month long?

Anonymous said...

A million times yes! Candy all month long. Great idea Beebe!

Ann said...

Scott is a man after my own heart. Quarters are the best piece of money. When living in apartments, I could never understand why anyone would spend a quarter. I would actually buy a roll of quarters to do laundry. Now I hoard them to give to the kids for milk money.

karin said...

I love quarters but love dollar-dollar bills more (Em sing the song).
Em's singing frog is cool.
Who did the "April" baskets?

Anonymous said...

We drew names over lunch. That's how we did stockings too.

Unknown said...

I like how peaceful Dave looks. Easter was a winning holiday, as usual here in North Carolina!