Thursday, January 03, 2008

New Years Resolutions

1997 was the best year ever. 2007 was the worst year ever. We've been trying to laugh about it all year, and then hubby accidentally nearly burned the house down with a kitchen grease fire just hours before the close of the year. Don't get me wrong, there were good moments. We got a new niece and nephew, some fantastic leather couches, and some lovely visits from far away family. But by golly, my health I tell you. Turned my year, and my very optimistic goals of last year, on it's ear. We were never so happy to see 2008. So this year I am not making New Years Resolutions, I would simply like to have one year of peace that is incident-free. If I can get back to normal, that will be worth a lot. So keep your fingers crossed with me people and let's hope that 2008 is lovely and serene.

3 comments:

Karen B said...

Incident number 1
January 3, 2008

Almost, or more likely actually, passing out at the new GI doctor and freaking him out. Add to that, Leah, who had been sleeping the rest of the time, picked that moment to inject herself and her bowels into the conversation. She is such a drama queen.

PS. He was so freaked out he had to bring in another doctor for moral support...for him, not Ali.

karin said...

Is Karen going to be keeping all incidents recorded like this? It will be most helpful for those of us far away and for a year in review next New Year's.

Anonymous said...

Incident number 2
January 4, 2008

Fell down the stairs carrying boxes for Cousin Liz's move tomorrow. Broke nothing, bruised lots. Also some carpet burn.